SLOW ROASTED PEAR CHIPS WITH CHOCOLATE SAUCE RECIPE

Like many others I'm a chocoholic, so when I came across the Slow Roasted Pear Chips With Chocolate sauce recipe ,I was more than delighted.    One of my second thoughts were, don't they have these in stores, but then I realized that the store-brought kind has so many persevered ingredients, so I gave it another look.  The recipe is so easy I wonder can you even call it a recipe, and it has chocolate dipping sauce.  Needless, to say it won me over.  I can proudly say I snack on fruit, while I enjoy the crisp taste of pear chips, dripping with chocolate.  No guilt at all !
 

Ingredients:

2 Bartlett pears

4 ounces milk or dark chocolate


Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 225°F (105°C).
2. Cut pears into slices that are 1/8 inch thick (3mm) using a mandolin slicer. 3.Use the tip of a knife to discard out any seeds that remain.
4.Place pear slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, And bake for 1 hour.
5. Flip over slices and bake for 30 minutes more or until slices reach desired   crispness. If the slices are thicker it may take up to an hour to become crisp.
6. Melt chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler on the stove-top.
7. Allow melted chocolate to cool down a bit, and serve.


****************** 
 
Source (credit): http://www.eatwell101.com/slow-roasted-pear-chips-recipe
SLOW ROASTED PEAR CHIPS WITH CHOCOLATE SAUCE RECIPE